Information Technology Law
Like it or not, just about every business is affected by IT — Information Technology. It affects every business — from the smallest to the largest — that owns a computer and/or has a presence on the Internet.
Did you know that regulations require that online businesses must provide customers and potential customers with the following general information:
- the full contact details of the business, consisting of:
- email address;
- geographic address of establishment;
- any trade or similar registry entry with registration number;
- any VAT number; and
- its professional title;
- the country which granted it that title;
- the details of its professional body;
- a reference to its professional rules and how to access them; and
There are much more detailed further information requirements if you sell goods or services from your website.
How I can help?
Amongst the types of work that I deal with in this area of law are the following:
- Website development agreements
- Website hosting agreements
- Assignment of Domain Names
- Assignment all rights (including copyright) in a website
- Website Terms and Conditions — including rules for Bulletin Boards and Fora
- Privacy Policies for websites
- Software Licenses